Honours scholarships provide opportunities for new or continuing students who have demonstrated academic excellence in their studies, and are intending to enrol in an honours program at the University of Sydney for the following year.
With various scholarships on offer, please refer to the relevant faculty for further information.
The University of Sydney Business School
- Canon Honours Scholarship
- Finance Honours Scholarships
- Gilles Kryger Honours Scholarship in Finance
- International Business Scholarship in Honours
- Phillip Noel Hartley Smith Distinguished Honours Scholarship
- The University of Sydney Business School Qantas Honours Scholarship
- R.J. Chambers Honours Scholarship
- Robert R. Sterling Distinguished Honours Scholarship in Accounting
Faculty of Science
For: New or continuing students intending to enrol in an Honours program at The University of Sydney for the following year.
How much: $6,000
How long: One year
Before completing the Application Form, please ensure you have read the following information;
- To be eligible for an Honours Scholarship you must apply for entry at the University of Sydney commencing in 2016, either in semester 1 or semester 2.
- Honours Scholarship applications are open only once a year. Regardless of which semester you will commence in, please lodge an application for the year of enrolment.
- The Honours program must involve an additional year to a standard Bachelor degree.
- You must be either be:
a local student (an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or permanent resident of Australia); or
an international student who has completed their undergraduate degree at the University of Sydney.
- Please ensure you have read the Conditions of Award prior to completing this form.
You must upload the following documentation to your application:
Academic transcripts- You must provide copies of all transcripts detailing previous tertiary study at institutions other than the University of Sydney.
Equity applications- If you have elected to apply for the equity Honours Scholarships with either the Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences, Faculty of Science or Faculty of Health Sciences, please include a copy of a Centrelink Income Statement or other documentation demonstrating disadvantage (eg. medical certificates) or up to one half-A4 page statement detailing your reasons for applying for an Honours Equity Scholarship.
Personal statement- Students enrolling in faculties other than those listed below must submit a general personal statement (no longer than one A4 page). As a guide, this document might include details of past academic achievements, positions of leadership, communication skills, relevant work experience and why you have decided to undertake Honours study. It will also be useful to the selection panel if you provide a general description of your research project.
Students enrolling in the faculties listed below have the following additional requirements:
- Faculty of Architecture-Applicants must include a one page research proposal outlining their intended research topic IN ADDITION to their one A4 page personal statement.
- Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences- Applicants personal statements must address the following criteria:
(a) demonstrated leadership potential and/or experience;
(b) reason for undertaking honours (eg. career and/or learning outcomes); and
(c) any claim for the award on equity grounds.
- University of Sydney Business School- Applicants personal statements must include information and discussion about the research they will be undertaking in their Honours year.
NB: Missing information or supporting documents will not be followed up due to the number of applications we receive. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure all relevant information is submitted. If information is not supplied by the closing date, this will mean that your application is incomplete and will be ineligible for consideration.
How to apply: Applications for the Honours Scholarship for 2016 have closed.