University of Sydney Access Scholarships
For: Non-school leaver students with academic ability who have demonstrated financial disadvantage or other constraints.
Value: $6,000 per year.
Duration: For the normal full time length of your degree.
In 2016 the University of Sydney will offer University of Sydney Access Scholarships to help students who are struggling to afford the costs of university study. We firmly believe that financial constraints should not prevent an outstanding student from becoming a successful University of Sydney graduate.
To be eligible, you need to meet the following criteria:
- you are a non-school leaver, and;
- you are currently enrolled at the University, or have the University of Sydney as one of your preferences in the next academic year, and;
- you are receiving Youth Allowance or some other means-tested Commonwealth benefit, or you expect to be under financial disadvantage within the next six months at the time of application, and;
- you have demonstrated one or more of the following:
- carer responsibilities
- Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander student
- long-term medical condition/disability or ongoing effects of abuse
- refugee status
- regional or remote disadvantage
- sole parent responsibilities.
To apply, please visit uac.edu.au/equity.