Useful Contacts

The links listed below may be useful to parents using the child care facilities on or near the University of Sydney campuses or elsewhere, and those seeking child care. These links will provide you with further information about, among other things, tax considerations, Child Care Benefit and how to find out about child care services in your area.

mychild Website
This website is an initiative of the Australian Government. It provides a lot of information for families, focusing on early childhood learning and child care. There is a useful link to help you find child care in your area.

Casual Employment Services
You can advertise for a baby sitter or nanny on the Casual Employment Service database. This database can be accessed by enrolled students of the University who are seeking casual or part-time work. Please note, the Casual Employment Service does not screen applicants. It is a parent's responsibility to ask for references and sight the applicant's student ID card.

KU Children’s Services
KU Children’s Services manage the three union child care centres - Union Child Care Centre, Laurel Tree House and Carillon Child Care Centre. KU Children’s Services is a non-profit child care provider.

SDN Children’s Services
SDN Children’s Services manage Ngallia Early Learning Centre. SDN is a non-profit organisation and child care provider.

National Child Care Accreditation Council
The Australian government has set up a Quality Assurance system covering all long day care, family day care and out of school hours care. All child care providers, including those on or near the University of Sydney campuses, are required to go through an accreditation process to ensure they meet particular standards of care.

Family Assistance Office
The Family Assistance Office provides information about how to claim Child Care Benefit, Child Care Tax Rebate and the Baby Bonus. Child Care Benefit can be claimed by families who use approved or registered child care centres.

Child Care Access Hotline – Ph 1800 670 305
The Child Care Access Hotline is an Australian Government initiative. It provides information about types of child care, including long day care and family day care, in your area. It also gives advice about quality issues and government assistance available to parents.

Local Council Directory
Most local councils have information about the child care facilities in their area on their websites. Please click here to access the NSW Government local council directory.

Visit the Centrelink website for more information about Parenting Payment, Family Tax Benefit, Child Care Benefit, Maternity Payment and Carer Payments.

Raising Children Network
An Australian parenting website, which contains comprehensive, practical, expert child health and parenting information and activities covering children aged 0-8 years.