Financial Support Service
The Financial Support Service provides support to students who are experiencing financial difficulty and whose academic work may suffer as a result.
Interest-free loan and bursary assistance is intended to help students in emergencies so that they can maintain a reasonable standard of living. However, support cannot be provided as a regular source of income.
Students may apply for support more than once during their degree.
We are able to assist students with a number of essential living and study expenses, such as:
- Textbooks, readers, journals
- Bond, rent in advance, and rent arrears
- Phone, electricity, and gas bills
- Medical and dental bills
- Travel and accommodation costs for compulsory placements.
We are unable to assist with the following:
- Payment of compulsory subscriptions
- Payment of HECS or tuition fees including Summer/Winter School fees
- Purchase of cars
- Financial penalties (traffic and library fines)
Assistance takes around 4 to 10 days to be approved, processed and placed into your bank account.
If you would like to contact the Financial Support Service please email us at .
What to do if you would like to provide feedback
If you would like to submit feedback about the Financial Support Service you can email .