Dr Fiona Probyn-Rapsey, Senior Lecturer, Department of Gender and Cultural Studies, University of Sydney
Dr Melissa Boyde, School of the Arts, English and Media, University of Wollongong
The Animal Publics series publishes original and important research in animal studies by both established and emerging scholars. Animal Publics takes inspiration from varied and changing modalities of the encounter between animal and human. The series explores intersections between humanities and the sciences, the creative arts and the social sciences, with an emphasis on ideas and practices about how animal life becomes public: attended to, listened to, made visible, foregrounded, included and transformed. Animal Publics investigates publics past and present, and publics to come, made up of more-than-humans and humans entangled with other species.
- Professor Steve Baker (University of Central Lancashire)
- Professor Una Chaudhuri (New York University)
- Dr Matthew Chrulew (Curtin University)
- Professor Barbara Creed (University of Melbourne)
- Dr Chris Degeling (University of Sydney)
- Dr Thom van Dooren (University of New South Wales)
- Professor Adrian Franklin (University of Tasmania)
- Professor Lori Gruen (Wesleyan University)
- Professor Claire Kim (University of California, Irvine)
- Professor Paul McGreevy (University of Sydney)
- Dr Siobhan O’Sullivan (University of Melbourne)
- Professor Clare Palmer (University of Texas)
- Dr Anat Pick (Queen Mary, University of London)
- Dr Anthony Podberscek (University of Cambridge)
- Associate Professor Annie Potts (University of Canterbury)
- Professor Deborah Bird Rose (University of New South Wales)
- Professor Peta Tait (La Trobe University)
- Dr Nik Taylor (Flinders University)
- Dr Dinesh Wadiwel (University of Sydney)
- Professor Cary Wolfe (Rice University)
- Professor Wendy Woodward (University of the Western Cape)
Authors are invited to discuss potential titles for the series with the series editor, or a member of the editorial board.
- Book Proposal Form (Word doc)
Titles in the Series
- Fighting Nature: Travelling Menageries, Animal Acts and War, by Peta Tait. Release date: December 2015.
- Animals in the Anthropocene: Critical Perspectives on Non-human Futures, edited by the HARN Editorial Collective. Release date: July 2015.
- Engaging with Animals: Interpretations of a Shared Existence by Georgette Leah Burns and Mandy Paterson (Eds). Release date: June 2014
- Cane Toads: A Tale of Sugar, Politics and Flawed Science by Nigel Turvey. Release date: November 2013
- Animal Death, by Jay Johnston and Fiona Probyn-Rapsey (Eds). Release date: July 2013