Skip to main content

Staying on Track

Help and support

To give yourself the best chance of improving your circumstances and achieving academic progression requirements, you should make the most of the range of services offered to you at the University.

If you’re starting to fail assessments or units of study or are just finding it hard to stay on top of your studies, ask for help early.

If you’re placed on Stage 2, you will need to show that you have used these services.

The University’s services include:

Faculty progression advisers

The Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences holds academic progression advice sessions throughout semester.

Register for a session.

To arrange an appointment to discuss your academic progression, please send an email to

If you have questions or concerns about your academic progression, email the Engineering Progression and Appeals Officer at

Master’s degrees and Graduate Diplomas

If you have concerns about your academic progression, contact  

If you’re struggling with a particular unit of study, contact your unit of study coordinator. If you have general concerns about your academic progression, contact your Program leader.

If you have questions or concerns about your academic progression, email

Student Retention Coordinator

  • Level 5, Jane Foss Russel Building, Darlington Campus
Last updated: 11 December 2018

Website feedback

Tell us if you’ve spotted a typo or something else wrong with this page.

Thank you

Your feedback has been sent.

Sorry there was a problem sending your feedback. Please try again

You should only use this form to send feedback about the content on this webpage – we will not respond to other enquiries made through this form. If you have an enquiry or need help with something else such as your enrolment, course etc you can contact the Student Centre.