Skip to main content

Study abroad and exchange

How to apply

We recommend you start planning your application 12 months before you would like to travel on exchange. This gives you enough time to research your options thoroughly, and get the advice you need before applying.

You need to lodge your application before the necessary deadline.

1. Attend an exchange information session

This will help you understand whether you are eligible, where you can go and how to apply. Sessions are run at lunchtime, three times a week during semester.

As well as the general sessions, destination and faculty-specific sessions are also available. See the full list of sessions available.

2. Find your mobility window

It's important that you understand the requirements and structure of your course (and major/s) so that you can work out the best time to go overseas. You can find this information in the faculty of school handbook from the year you commenced your course.

3. Apply online

You will need to log in with your Unikey and password to start your application. You can save your application at any time and return to it later on.

As part of your application you will be asked to include:

  • three destination preferences and an explanation of your motivation for selecting each (personal, professional and/or academic)
  • an academic plan for your degree, demonstrating how an exchange semester or year fits within your course structure.

You no longer need to provide faculty endorsement or academic references as we collect this from your faculty or school on your behalf if needed.

Sydney Abroad

  • Level 4 Jane Foss Russell Building G02
Opening hours

9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.

Last updated: 19 July 2018

Website feedback

Tell us if you’ve spotted a typo or something else wrong with this page.

Thank you

Your feedback has been sent.

Sorry there was a problem sending your feedback. Please try again

You should only use this form to send feedback about the content on this webpage – we will not respond to other enquiries made through this form. If you have an enquiry or need help with something else such as your enrolment, course etc you can contact the Student Centre.