Internships in China
The Media and Communications Program at the University of Sydney is able to offer several Internship opportunities with Chinese business for final year students (excluding Honours) of the B.A.(Media and Communications) degree.
China Daily/21st Century
Expressions of interest to Chair of Department by closing date of October 4th. If more than one suitable candidate China Daily group will choose the most suitable applicant. Undergraduate students must have completed MECO3606 Advanced Feature Writing.
- Editing and reporting
- Sub editing of other peoples work
- Independent reporting of issues
- Interns will need to suggest propose / negotiate story ideas with supervisor - on any area of youth, culture, arts, sports, entertainment, etc.
- Report to deputy editor
- Time off for approved study can be negotiated
Hours of work
- Monday Friday (with possibility of Weekend Bonus)
- 10am - 8pm
- 1 hour lunch break, 12-1
Accommodation and Living Allowance China Daily Group will provide suitable accommodation and a living allowance for the term of the internship, plus one week. Suitable accommodation may be a shared apartment but the intern must have his/her own bedroom. Living allowance is 4000RMB per month (slightly above average salary of Chinese employees, so top up by students unlikely, but it is useful to have some savings in case of emergency). Health insurance is recommended for students.
Eligibility Language - Native English speakers to a highly educated level. Undergraduate students must have completed MECO3606 Advanced Feature Writing.
- China Daily is one of the most authoritative providers of news and views in China.
- The paper has an average daily circulation of more than 300,000 in about 150 countries and regions.
- China Daily group has 11 English publications and one of the country's top news internet portals.