Dr Hong-Yuan Liu
BE ME Jiangsu, PhD Sydney
ARC Future Fellow
Fracture and Fatigue of Composites
Phone: +61-02 9351 7148
Fax: +61-02 9351 7060
Address: Room S519, J07 - Mechanical Engineering Building
- Fracture and fatigue of nanocomposites
- Mechanical performance of through-thickness reinforced composites
- Fracture monitor and control in piezoelectric fibre material
- Finite element analysis on bioprocess and performance of biomaterials
- Interface mechanics in composites
- PhD in Fracture Mechanics of Composites, The University of Sydney, 1998
- ME in Fracture Mechanics, Jiangsu University, China, 1989
- BE in Engineering Mechanics, Jiangsu University, China, 1982
- ARC Future Fellow, The University of Sydney, 2009
- Research Fellow, The University of Sydney, 2008
- Bridging Support Research Fellow, The University of Sydney, 2007
- ARC Research Fellow (ARF), The University of Sydney, 2001-06
- U2000 Postdoctoral Research Fellow, The University of Sydney, 2001
- ARC Postdoctoral Research Fellow (APD), The University of Sydney, 1998-2001
- Junior Research Fellow (Supported by ARC), The University of Sydney, 1994
- Visiting Scholar, The University of Sydney, 1992-93
- Lecturer, Jiangsu University, China, 1988-92
- Associate Lecturer, Jiangsu University, China, 1982-88
- Wang, G, Liu, H-Y, N Saintier and Mai, Y-W. (2009). Cyclic Fatigue of Polymer Nanocomposites. Engineering Failure Analysis, 16, 2635–2645.
- Wang, G, Liu, H-Y, Yu, Z-Z and Mai, Y-W. (2009). Evaluation of Methods for Stiffness Predictions of Polymer/Clay Nanocomposites. Journal of Reinforced Plastics and Composites, 28(13), 1625-1649.
- Liu, H.-Y. and Yan, W. (2008). Z-pin bridging in Composite Delamination. In Sridharan, S. (Ed.), Delamination Behaviour of Composite, (pp. 674). Cambridge, UK, Woodhead Publishing Ltd.
- Bin Gu, Hong-Yuan Liu, Yiu-Wing Mai, Xiqiao Feng, Shouwen Yu. (2008), Fracture Mechanics Analysis of Effects of Temperature and Material Mismatch on the Smart-Cut® Technology. Engineering Fracture Mechanics, 75, 4996-5006.
- Zhang A, Liu, H-Y, Mouritz A.P. and Mai, Y-W. (2008). Experimental Study and Computer Simulation on Degradation of Z-Pin Reinforcement under Cycle Fatigue. Composites, Part A, 39(2), 406-414.
- Liu, H-Y, Yan, W, Yu, X-Y and Mai, Y-W. (2007). Experimental Study on Effects of Loading Rate on Mode I Delamination of Z-pin Reinforced Laminates. Composite Science and Technology, 67(7-8), 1294-1301.
- Liu, H-Y, Hu, X, and Hoffman, M. (2006). Fracture of Materials: Moving Forwards, Special Issue of Key Engineering Materials, 312.
- Liu, H-Y, Yan, W, and Mai, Y-W. (2006). Z-pin Bridging in Composite Laminates and Some Related Problems. Australian Journal of Mechanical Engineering, 3(1), 11-20.
- Gu, B, Liu, H-Y and Mai, Y-W. (2006). A Theoretical Model on Piezoelectric Fibre Pullout with Electric Input. Engineering Fracture Mechanics, 73, 2053-2066.
- Sun, X, Liu, H-Y, Yan, W, Tong, L and Mai, Y-W. (2005). Advances on Modeling Through-Thickness Reinforcement of Laminated Composite by Stitching and Z-Pinning. In Soutis, C. (Ed.), Multi-scale Modelling of Composite Material Systems - the Art of Predictive Damage Modelling. (pp. 319). Cambridge, UK, Woodhead Publishing Ltd.