Computer Engineering Laboratory (CEL)
The Computer Engineering Lab develops novel hardware and software techniques to solve computationally intensive problems.
Research areas include:
- Reconfigurable Computing - studying how field programmable gate array (FPGA) devices can be utilised to solve previously intractable problems in signal processing, mathematics and financial engineering; embedded systems hardware; and developing improved FPGA architectures for domain-specific applications.
- Machine learning - mainly parallel and real-time machine learning applications in the following areas:
- Financial Engineering - applying parallel processing in the form of clusters, multicore, manycore and graphics processing units to real-time and large-scale machine learning problems in derivative pricing and foreign exchange risk.
- Biomedical Engineering - lung function, cardiology and movement disorders.
- Nanoscale interfaces - developing interfaces between conventional electronics and nanoscale devices.