2014 re-enrolment – Coursework Master’s and Graduate Diploma students
Semester 2, 2014
Due to the implementation of the new student management system “Sydney Student”, enrolment information will be made available in June. We encourage returning students to submit their enrolment request by the end of April. Further information will be posted on this page.
Re-enrolment is mandatory for all continuing students who intend to enrol in units of study in Semester 1 and/or 2.
Online re-enrolment will open on Monday 14 October 2013. We recommend that you complete your re-enrolment as soon as possible and no later than:
*Early intensive/quota units - if you intend to participate in an early Jan/Feb intensive or a class size-restricted unit, please ensure you complete your enrolment on time to avoid missing out on pre-class reading materials and/or a place.
Please select your unit choices and seek necessary enrolment approval before completing your re-enrolment at MyUni. You cannot re-enrol online if you have not been enrolled within the last 6 months or more. Please refer to below information on “re-enrolment after an absence”.
Prior to enrolment, please read this important information:
- 2014 re-enrolment guide
- Domestic students (pdf)
- International students (pdf)
- Code of Conduct for Students
- Postgraduate Law Timetable and Unit Descriptions
- Master’s and Diplomas
- Postgraduate fees
- Important dates
- Application forms – credit, cross-institutional study, suspension, withdrawal etc
- Change of contact details (pdf)
- Student Campus Cards
- Study Resources
- Enrolment enquiries
Units of study offered by other departments for students enrolling in:
- Master of Administrative Law & Policy
- Master of International Law
- Master of Labour Law & Relations
- Master of Law and International Development
- Master of Jurisprudence
Unable to re-enrol online?
Re-enrolment must be completed online at MyUni. You cannot re-enrol online if:
- you are re-enrolling after an absence (please refer to information below)
- the appropriate unit and/or session code has not been entered.
- you have not completed the necessary requirements to enrol in your chosen unit.
- you are seeking to enrol in a unit which requires special approval:
I. Sydney Law School postgraduate units outside the table of units specified for your course – please complete an Enrolment in a Non-prescribed Unit application form and return it together with the 2014 Re-enrolment Form by Wednesday 13 November 2013. Your enrolment request will be processed upon successful application.
II. class-size restricted unit - please complete the 2014 Re-enrolment Form and return it by Wednesday 13 November 2013.
- you are seeking to enrol in an offshore unit. Enrolment cannot be accepted until registration is approved. Please visit Offshore opportunities.
If, for any reason, MyUni does not accept your enrolment, please contact the Postgraduate Team.
Students who wish to enrol in the Sydney Law School in Europe units should first complete a Registration Form. Enrolment details will be provided upon successful registration.
The University will mail fee invoices for Semester 1 units in mid-January and Semester 2 units in mid-August. Fee payments are due by the end of January (Semester 1 units) and the end of August (Semester 2 units). Payment is required by the due date for all units enrolled in the relevant semester including late semester intensive units. You may view your latest enrolment, fee and payment information at MyUni.
For information, please visit Offshore Opportunities. Students will not be able to enrol online. However, they will be notified regarding enrolment procedures shortly after their successful registration.
Suspension of studies
If you intend to take leave from studies for both semesters, you do not need to re-enrol. If you intend to suspend studies for either Semester 1 or 2 you should re-enrol for the semester in which studies will be undertaken. Students suspending studies should seek approval to suspend their candidature by completing the Change of Coursework Candidature form (pdf).
Completion of studies
If you expect to complete the requirements of your award course by December, you do not need to re-enrol. You will receive a letter confirming your completion by the end of March. The next Sydney Law School graduation ceremony will be held in May. Students who complete the requirements of their course by July will receive notification of completion by the end of September. Please visit Graduation for details on graduation arrangements.
Transferring award courses
If you intend to transfer your candidature to another award course (for example, graduate diploma to master’s) , you do not need to re-enrol. Please complete an Application for admission to a postgraduate course form and submit it by Friday 1 November 2013. No additional documentation is required. Your application will be assessed upon receipt of your previous semester's results.
You cannot re-enrol online if you have not been enrolled within the last 6 months or more.
If you have not been enrolled:
- within the past 3 years - please forward a formal re-enrolment request (including your full name, student number, award course name and full contact/postal details, date of last enrolment) to the Postgraduate Team.
- for 3 years or more - you must apply to commence a new candidature by submitting an online application for admission to the course. Please follow application procedures outlined at How to apply?. If you would like to seek credit for units previously completed, please upload an Application for credit or cross institutional study (pdf) with your admission application form.
Please note: Credit will not be granted for previous studies older than 10 years at the time of first enrolment.
If you wish to vary your unit choices after completing next year's re-enrolment, please see Enrolment for enrolment variation and payment procedures. See Important Dates for relevant enrolment/withdrawal census dates. Students who intend to withdraw from an intensive unit of study are required to do so as soon as possible, and no later than the close of business on the first day of classes. Withdrawal requests received subsequent to the first day of classes may incur an administration fee.
Conditions of enrolment
Despite any publication or announcement, the University may change or cancel arrangements for courses or units of study, including in respect of staffing, content or location. The University will use reasonable endeavours to update the timetable with respect to any cancellation or change. The University will not be liable to any student for any consequential loss suffered as a result of cancellation or change, including travel or other costs incurred. Please consult the Timetable and Units page for the latest information