A variety of rewards
We welcome open minds, curiosity, and a readiness to tackle big questions and we reward them accordingly.
We are committed to diversity and equal opportunity, and are an Employer of Choice for Women. Read about equal opportunity at the University, including our initiatives and programs.
Most staff at the University are covered by the University’s Enterprise Agreement (PDF 1.3MB). The agreement offers a range of benefits including:
- salaries that are market-leading among the Australian higher education sector
- benefits that support staff professional development and their career ambitions
- working arrangements that assist staff in managing their work and personal/family responsibilities, and provide flexibility in meeting business needs
- family-friendly working hours
- generous leave entitlements
- a University contribution of up to 17 percent of base salary to your superannuation (pension) fund.
Beyond the enterprise agreement, we offer a wide variety of other financial and non-financial benefits to our staff. These include:
- opportunities for tax-efficient salary packaging, including motor vehicles, laptops and additional personal contributions to your superannuation fund
- a variety of training and development opportunities covering diverse topics such as using IT and finance systems, developing leadership and communications skills and exploring innovative ways of teaching and learning
- exceptional health and wellbeing services, including sports and fitness centres, medical clinics and free counselling via the Employee Assistance Program
- on-campus parking and convenient transport services
- contribution to professional membership fees
- an entirely free Staff Benefits Program providing online and retail discounts across an extensive range of goods and services
- access to the cultural life on campus which includes our museums and art galleries; music and theatre at the Conservatorium of Music and Seymour Centre; and Sydney Ideas which is the University’s premier public lecture series program that aims to bring some of Sydney’s, Australia’s and the world’s, leading thinkers to the wider Sydney community.