Student Complaints

We are committed to providing you with the support you need to remain safe and well while you study.

If you have a complaint about your studies, student life, the University environment, a University decision about your studies, or the behaviour of a student or staff member, please follow the appropriate complaint process, below.

Sexual harassment and assault

We take complaints of this nature very seriously.

In an emergency, follow the steps found at Sexual harassment and safety on campus.

If the situation is not an emergency but you would like to speak to someone, please call us during business hours. We can discuss your particular circumstances, in confidence, and help you decide how you want to proceed.

Phone +61 2 8627 5559

Call 1800 SYD HLP (1800 793 457) and select option 2 or 3.

This helpline service can also connect you with other University support services during business hours (9am - 5pm) and 24-hour external help from the NSW Rape Crisis Centre.

If your report is not time sensitive and you would prefer to contact us first in writing, you can email us at or request a call back using our online form.

Other matters

If you have a problem or concern of either an academic or non-academic nature that you cannot or do not wish to resolve informally, you can submit a complaint using our online complaint form.

We will work with you towards a timely and effective resolution.

For more information, please refer to What is a complaint.