Full-time and part-time PhD study is available through the ASRC, as part of The University of Sydney. Suitably qualified candidates with an under-graduate honours degree or Masters by research degree (or equivalent experience) in speech-language pathology can apply.
For more information about postgraduate study contact Dr Sue O'Brian.
Find out more about the Faculty of Health Sciences and The University of Sydney.
Current Research Projects
- Parental beyond-clinic treatment delivery in the Lidcombe Program of Early Stuttering Intervention. Email:
- A Randomised Controlled Trial of Group Delivery versus Individual Delivery of the Lidcombe Program. The trial will provide information regarding the efficacy and time efficiency of providing this evidence-based stuttering treatment in a group model. Email:
- Outcome Measures for Stuttering Treatment Research: developing a quicker, cheaper, and more valid method. Email:
- Stuttering treatment for preschool children via webcam - a randomised control trial comparing the standard in clinic delivery of the Lidcombe with internet delivery of the Lidcombe Program using Skype and a webcam to determine if it is a viable service option. Email:
- Development of the Web-Lidcombe Program. Email
- The automated CBT psychologist: Trial of an online CBT treatment program for adolescents who suffer from social anxiety and stuttering. Email:
- The effect of Oxytocin on avoidance of eye contact in adults who sutter. Email:
- The linguistic factors associated with the trigger of stuttering in adult speakers of a syllable-timed tonal language. Email: