WSSH Clinical Services
The Western Sydney Sexual Health Clinical Service was established over 30 years ago and in this time has evolved and expanded to become the dynamic, innovative service at the forefront of sexual health care that it is today. Based in Parramatta with a second site located in Mt Druitt, the Western Sydney Sexual Health Centre’s Clinical Service provides evidence-based, quality care for people at risk of STIs in the Western Sydney Local Health District.
The Sexual Health Clinic is a free, confidential service. It is operated on both an appointment and walk-in system, and patients attending may be self-referred or clinician-referred.
The multidisciplinary sexual health team consists of Specialist Sexual Health Physicians and junior medical staff, specialist nurses, social workers, psychology, pharmacy, administration and IT staff. The clinic works closely with general practitioners, other hospital departments, non-Government organisations, community-based organisations and Government bodies.
Services provided by WSSH Clinical services include:
- Testing, treatment and management of sexually transmitted infections
- Treatment and management of HIV
- Contact tracing
- GP support and advice
- Specialist referral centre for complex sexual health concerns
- Specialist sexual health counselling and psychology services
- Case management, advocacy and welfare support for people living with HIV
- On-site laboratory service
- Outreach services for sex workers
- Secondary needle and syringe program
- Doctor, nurse, social work, psychologist, medical and nursing students, masters student clinical placements, teaching and education
- Clinical trials and research
- Training posts for GP and Sexual Health Registrars