Thesis marks the culmination of 4 years study
26 October 2006
It has been a been a busy week for our final year students.
Their final year thesis projects are nearly finished, marking the culmination of 4 (or 5) years study and preparation to join the work force as professional civil engineers.
Some of the varied thesis research topics included
- Buckling of stainless steel wine tanks.
- Passive ventilation systems for apartment buildings
- Properties of new age aluminium alloys
- Efficiency of wind turbines
- Analysis of traffic models in Sydney
As part of enhancing communication skills, students are required to present their work in several ways.
- Traditional hard bound printed thesis
- 15 minute oral presentation
- Poster presentation
The best 10 posters have been chosen for display at this week's Research Conversazatione.