News

Historic university building wins major heritage award


24 April 2012

A small octagonal timber building originally used by veterinary science lecturers when demonstrating to students on cows and horses has won a major heritage award from the National Trust of Australia today.

The building was designed in 1920 by the University architect and dean of the first faculty of architecture, Professor Leslie Wilkinson, who named it the Round House despite its octagonal design.

Read more about the heritage award