Improvements made to University email upgrade process
7 December 2011
As of last week, ICT has upgraded more than 6490 staff accounts to Exchange 2010, with 4310 accounts remaining to be upgraded early next year.
Recently, ICT temporarily paused the upgrade schedule to ensure staff had email access during the busy end of year period. During this time ICT worked to improve the account upgrade process and address some of the common problems experienced by staff. Some of the improvements include:
- Role based accounts and the accounts of those who access them are now upgraded at the same time.
- The migration process for Blackberry users has been updated to ensure users do not experience frequent loss in email access and to alleviate load on the Blackberry server.
- A fix was applied so staff are no longer prompted to sign in repeatedly when accessing emails through Outlook.
- Technicians were sent to off-campus sites such as Westmead Hospital to alleviate access issues post migration.
- Support material was added to Ask Sydney - ICT, including answers and troubleshooting steps to known issues.
For more information about what to expect when your account is upgraded, please visit the Ask Sydney - ICT website. If you have any questions or concerns about this upgrade, please contact the ICT Exchange 2010 project team.