24/7 ICT Access Lab available on Camden Campus
11 June 2010
Students studying at the University of Sydney Camden Campus have 24/7 access to 29 computers with Internet access, printing services, study-related software and basic assistive technology, thanks to the transformation of the ICT Access Lab in the General Teaching Building.
Since Semester 1, 2010, the new lab has been providing University IT services for students and staff at Cobbity under the same ICT Access Lab model used across all Sydney campuses. ICT staff are also available during business hours to provide technical support, and teaching-related software can be installed when required.
The ICT Access Lab is a product of many months of collaboration between ICT and the Faculty of Veterinary Science and Faculty of Agriculture. This is a resource that will provide IT services to assist with the coursework and teaching requirements of students and staff alike. The establishment of wireless connectivity, colour printing and scanning facilities are to follow in Semester 2, 2010.
ICT would like to acknowledge the many people who were involved in transforming the original teaching space:
- Managers, Administrators and Staff - Faculty of Veterinary Science and Faculty of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources - Plant Breeding Institute
- Mat Myers, Stephen Leonard & Greg Staley - ICT Faculty Services
- Jim Chong & Steve Kuk - ICT Service Management
- Steven Darlow and Madeleine McCabe - ICT Faculty Services
- Chris Stimson & Andrew Oulianoff - Local CSOs
- Jenny Malapetsas - Manager, ICT Helpdesk Services
- ICT Desktop Management
- ICT Access Labs team
The establishment of the new lab will be celebrated on Monday 28 June 2010.
Contact: Rishikesh Shankar
Phone: 02 935 16870