Key points on contractual interpretation
11 March 2013
To register for this seminar CLICK HERE
NB: The University of Sydney no longer accepts AMEX, to pay by cheque, please email email@example.com an invoice. We apologise for any inconvenience.
The eminent author of Contract Law in Australia and a new book Construction of Commercial Contracts will explain fundamental aspects of contractual interpretation and valuable analysis of recent developments in commercial contract law. Some of the questions Professor Carter will deal with are:
- What are the main construction rules?
- Are construction rules predictive?
- What construction presumptions are used?
- Is there more to construction than 'meaning'?
- What is the impact of 'commercial construction'?
- What is the role of context under Australian law?
Professor John Carter (Sydney Law School)
Lawyers/barristers: attendance at this seminar is equal to1 MCLE/CPD unit.
Time: 1pm-2pm (registration and lunch from 12.45pm)
Cost: Full $60 per seminar; Alumni $50 per seminar; Student $40 per seminar
Contact: PLaCE Coordinator
Phone: (02) 9351 0323