Seminar - Scopus, Scopus Journal Analyzer
16 November 2012
Measuring research impact seminars
Need to evaluate journal performance? Find your h-index or other citation information for grant applications, promotions, job applications? Staff of the Medical Sciences Libraries have great pleasure in inviting all staff (including affiliated clinical and research staff) and students, to attend one/both of these seminars, and find out about two important library resources.
Please see contact Elizabeth Pigott email@example.com, providing your contact details, location and nominate which seminar/s, if you wish to attend via video conference.
Scopus, Scopus Journal Analyzer
The session will focus on researchers and how to get the best out of Scopus and will include:
- Scopus Functionality (Searching, Sources, Analytics, Alerts, Author Profiling & Affiliations)
- Citation Tracker - how to find, check and track citation data
- Publications - Understanding Article Output and setting up Author Citation Alerts etc.
- How to evaluate journal performance using the Journal Analyser
- Detailed information on Scopus Metrics and why they are pertinent, including SNIP and SJR
- Using the author tools - how they work
- Extracting information (Citation Counts, Publications, Evidence of Research Output i.e Citation Tracker, Author Search)
Date: Friday 16th November 12:00pm - 2pm
Speaker: Cassandra Sims from Elsevier Scopus
Venue: Norman Gregg Lecture Theatre, Edward Ford Building
Time: 12pm - 2pm
Location: Norman Gregg Lecture Theatre, Edward Ford Building
Contact: Elizabeth Pigott