Healthy Sydney University
Healthy Sydney University aims to create a university that supports health and wellbeing for all.
Since 2012, the University of Sydney has been engaged in a whole of population approach to improve the health and wellbeing of staff, students and visitors.
Healthy Sydney University brings students and staff together from across the university to generate innovative and evidence-informed approaches to promoting healthy people, healthy places and healthy policies.
Our strategies are informed by the best available evidence and are rigorously evaluated to ensure we generate new evidence around healthy learning and working environments.
By focusing initiatives across three key areas (healthy people, healthy places and healthy policies), Healthy Sydney University takes a comprehensive and integrated approach to supporting our staff and students to be healthy and well.
The Chair of Healthy Sydney University is Professor Gwynnyth Llewellyn.
How can I be involved?
- Join a Healthy Sydney University working group
- Apply for support from Healthy Sydney University
- Contact us if you have an idea for a healthy initiative we could support.
Current projects and initiatives
- Mindfulness-based stress reduction trial for University staff with Safety, Health & Wellbeing and Brain and Mind Research Institute - sign up via University CareerPath, accessible through the staff intranet page
- Ride 2 Uni Day Information Stall 16 September 2014, 11.45am-1.45pm outside Charles Perkins Centre. Includes free giveaways and sit and ride opportunities for new riders
- Free Cycling Courses by City of Sydney for University of Sydney staff and students - 17, 18, 22, 24, 25 September 5-7.30pm outside Charles Perkins Centre. Sign up here
- Ride 2 Uni Day 15 October 2014 with Campus Sustainability, NSW Health and City of Sydney Council
- R U OK? Day 11 September 2014 with Safety, Health & Wellbeing and R U OK?
- Healthy Food and Drink Options Trial - Student Collaboration with Cumberland Student Guild
- Graduate Attributes Project - you can read our concept paper here
- "Are our assessments making us unhealthy?" upcoming presentation to the Sydney Teaching Colloquium 30 September 2014
- Presentation at the Emerging Health Policy Research Conference 2 October, hosted by the Menzies Centre for Health Policy