Postgraduate Research Studies
The Discipline of Accounting's research profile is diverse, reflecting its pioneering contribution to the decision-usefulness debate, extant research paradigms and emerging research areas. Thus, members of the Accounting Discipline are actively pursuing research into:
- The role of accounting information in decision making in private sector and public sector settings;
- The role of "fundamentals in explaining market value and takeovers
- Analysing corporate collapses and identifying the role of accounting;
- Directors' obligations and accountability;
- The economic impact of and corporate responses to accounting regulation;
- The role of accounting in corporate governance regimes;
- International accounting;
- Inflation accounting;
- Extended Reporting;- including environmental and social reporting and accounting for intellectual capital;
- Accounting history;
- Public sector accounting and accountability;
- Human judgement and decision making.
The Discipline has a vigorous postgraduate research program and offers the following research degrees:
The Discipline of Accounting Postgraduate Research Coordinator is Associate Professor Jane Andrew.