Sydney Genesis StartUp Program
Applications are open until the 8th of March. To submit yours, please fill out this form.
About Sydney Genesis
Genesis Start Up Program, the longest running start up program at the University of Sydney, belongs to Entrepreneurship and Innovation Program (E&I). E&I mission is to build and sustain a leading learning community in entrepreneurship and innovation education and research across Australia and South East Asia. At Sydney Genesis, we believe that when business and technology start-ups and social entrepreneurs work side by side, a truly unique exchange of knowledge and inspiration flourishes. Our program is open to students and Alumni from any background who are passionate about their ideas in business, technology or social entrepreneurship.
Sydney Genesis operates in the pursuit of four key objectives:
- To extend and enhance the University's entrepreneurship teaching at all levels from undergraduate students to executive education;
- To assist research into entrepreneurial learning to inform teaching programs and meet the challenges of industry, the government and the broader community;
- To provide practical networking opportunities and bridge the gap between students and entrepreneurial communities, both locally and abroad;
- To support and develop promising new ventures and world-changing ideas.
The program is developed through the year, holding different activities such as workshops, start up nights, mentoring sessions and the Final Pitch. For more information see our important dates page.
To join us as a mentor, judge, donor, or to suggest a new method of supporting Sydney Genesis, please contact us at email@example.com
EDNA Genesis: Start Up Programs Network in South East Asia
Genesis is expanding to South East Asia though EDNA (Entrepreneurship Development Network Asia). Thank to the partnerships developed with local organizations, in 2014 EDNA Genesis has being held in Myanmar and Indonesia. In 2015, will expand the program to India and Vietnam.
The main objectives of EDNA Genesis are:
- Create an international network of young undergraduates and postgraduates students and academics interested in entrepreneurship
- Promote social entrepreneurship and women in business while teaching business and communication skills
- Share knowledge, online materials and networks among the programs
- Encourage partners to engage in sponsorships with local businesses and organizations to make the program sustainable
If you are interested in introducing EDNA Genesis as part of your organization program, please contact us through: firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about EDNA, please visit our website.