Methodological and Empirical Advances in Financial Analysis (MEAFA) is a cross-disciplinary research network within The University of Sydney Business School that promotes methodical analytical work with empirical applications in financial analysis, by bridging research expertise across the disciplines of Accounting, Business Analytics and Finance.MEAFA's mission comprises of the following primary goals:To develop a dynamic research infrastructure for investigating issues of analytical correctness, precision and reliability of estimates in applied financial analysis.To design and provide advanced quantitative research training to academia, industry and government.To provide cross-disciplinary supervision to research students, PhD and honours.
The MEAFA PhD research scholarship is a competitive award that is provided as a top-up to holders of full-time primary PhD scholarships.
- 6 April 2014: Prof James Ohlson lecture on Equity Valuation, jointly organised by MEAFA and the Accounting Fdoundation
- 10-14 Feb 2014: MEAFA Stata workshop on Mixed/Multilevel modelling, Programming, Monte Carlo Simulation
- 16-17 Jan 2014: Seventh Meeting on MEAFA
- 24-28 June 2013: MEAFA Stata workshop on Structural equation modelling (SEM), Management of raw data, and Data visualisation
- 11-15 February 2013: MEAFA Stata workshop on Monte Carlo simulation, Time-series analysis, Event study methodology
- 31 Jan-1 Feb 2013: Sixth MEAFA meeting