Methodological and Empirical Advances in Financial Analysis (MEAFA) is a cross-disciplinary research network within The University of Sydney Business School that promotes methodical analytical work with empirical applications in financial analysis, by bridging research expertise across the disciplines of Accounting, Business Analytics and Finance.MEAFA's mission comprises of the following primary goals:To develop a dynamic research infrastructure for investigating issues of analytical correctness, precision and reliability of estimates in applied financial analysis.To design and provide advanced quantitative research training to academia, industry and government.To provide cross-disciplinary supervision to research students, PhD and honours.
The MEAFA PhD research scholarship is a competitive award that is provided as a top-up to holders of full-time primary PhD scholarships.
- 24-25 September 2015: Oceania Stata User Group Meeting 2015, supported by MEAFA
- 3 July 2015: MEAFA Stata workshop: Programming estimation commands by David Drukker, Director of Econometrics, StataCorp
- 29 June - 2 July 2015: MEAFA Stata workshop: Average treatment effects by David Drukker, Director of Econometrics, StataCorp
- 9-13 Feb 2015: MEAFA Stata workshop: Exploratory data analysis.
- 28-29 Jan 2015: Eighth Meeting on MEAFA
- 23-27 June 2014: MEAFA Stata workshop on Raw Data Management, Advanced Data Visualisation, Time-series analysis and Forecasting.
- 6 May 2014: Prof James Ohlson lecture on Equity Valuation, jointly organised by MEAFA and the Accounting Fdoundation
- 10-14 Feb 2014: MEAFA Stata workshop on Mixed/Multilevel modelling, Programming, Monte Carlo Simulation
- 16-17 Jan 2014: Seventh Meeting on MEAFA