MEAFA Research Group
Methodological and Empirical Advances in Financial Analysis (MEAFA) is a cross-disciplinary research group that resides within the University of Sydney Business School. MEAFA promotes advanced methodological and analytical work with empirical applications in the broad area of financial analysis, by bridging expertise across relevant disciplines and schools within the University of Sydney and beyond. Key areas include, but are not restricted to, Accounting, Business Analytics, Economics, and Finance.
MEAFA's mission involves the establishment of a dynamic research infrastructure that traverses disciplinary boundaries to enable the development of theoretical and analytical results, as well as the investigation of their precision and reliability in applied financial analysis. MEAFA's also has the mission to design and deliver state-of-the-art training in quantitative methods and data analysis to academics, industry practitioners and government agencies, and to provide training and cross-disciplinary supervision to higher degree research students.
The MEAFA PhD research scholarship is a competitive award that is provided as a top-up to holders of full-time primary PhD scholarships.
- 20 October 2015 (PDF): Australian Bureau of Statistics Expo on United Nations World Statistics Day.
- 14-16 December 2015: Microeconometrics for Count Data, by Prof Colin Cameron, University of California at Davis, US.
- 28 - 29 Jan 2016: Ninth MEAFA Research Meeting.
- 28 September 2015: MEAFA workshop on Text Analysis, by Dr Normand Péladeau, President and founder of Provalis Research, Canada.
- 24-25 September 2015: Oceania Stata User Group Meeting 2015, supported by MEAFA
- 29 June - 2 July 2015: MEAFA Stata workshop: Treatment Effects, and Programming Estimation Commands by David Drukker, Director of Econometrics, StataCorp
- 9-13 Feb 2015: MEAFA Stata workshop: Exploratory data analysis.
- 28-29 Jan 2015: Eighth Meeting on MEAFA
- 23-27 June 2014: MEAFA Stata workshop on Raw Data Management, Advanced Data Visualisation, Time-series analysis and Forecasting.
- 6 May 2014: Prof James Ohlson lecture on Equity Valuation, jointly organised by MEAFA and the Accounting Fdoundation
For a complete list of all past events go to MEAFA Research Meetings, Professional Development Workshops, and Other Activitiess.