Women and Work Research Group (WWRG)
NEW: Women on Boards: Why are there so few? A review of International and Australian developments, Prof Sabina Nielsen: Presentation
To understand and progress women's working lives
The Women and Work Research Group (WWRG) provides high quality research, research training and consultancy on all aspects of women's experience of work, employment, family and community in Australia and the Asia-Pacific Region. Over the past two years, WWRG's work has covered parental, maternity and paternity leave, flexible working and carers issues, migrant women and work, pay equity and equal opportunity for women in the workplace and women's health issues at work.
- WWRG Director: Dr Marian Baird, Professor of Employment Relations
- WWRG Deputy Director: Dr Rae Cooper, Associate Professor, Work and Organisational Studies, Business School
- WWRG Research Associate: Alexandra Heron
12 September 2014
Presenter: Professor Sabina Nielsen, Copenhagen Business School.
Discussants: Michael Coutts-Trotter, Secretary, NSW Department of Family & Community Services; Susan Price, Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers.
15th Aug 2014 9:00am-1:00pm The University of Sydney Women's College
Dr Wendy Craik, Lead Commissioner, Productivity Commission Childcare & Early Childhood Learning
11th Feb 2014, 12:00pm - 2:00pm Darlington Centre Conference Room
Professor Jill Rubery
17th Jul 2013 - 19th Jul 2013
The Fifth International Community, Work and Family Conference was held on 17-19 July 2013 at The University of Sydney - View the Keynote presentations
Workforce Attachment Policy Comparisons
The attached paper compares the Female Workforce Attachment Policies of the political parties. It has been authored by Professor Marian Baird, and Irina Kolodizner, and authorised by the National Foundation for Australian Women Social Policy Committee.
WWRG members along with more than 25 other Australian Academics who constitute The Work and Family Policy Roundtable, release Work, Care and Family Policies: Election Benchmarks 2013.
Visit the Work + Family Policy Rountable website for a full outline of the Benchmarks.
Current Issues & Publications
WGEA reporting requirements consultation
- The WWRG made a submission in August 2014 to the consultation on the reporting requirements to the WGEA for employers of 100 or more employees outside the public sector.
The Right to Request flexible working arrangements
- The WWRG made a submission to the House of Representatives Standing Committee on Education and Employment Inquiry into the Fair Work Amendment (Better Work/Life Balance) Bill 2012
Women, Work and the Global Economic Downturn, a WWRG research report
- Women, Work and the Global Economic Downturn published by the Australian Office for Women in 2011
Mature Age Workers and Eldercare, a WWRG research report
- Taking Care: Mature age workers with elder care responsibilities released by NSW OIR for 2010 Carers Week
The Government Review of the Equal Opportunity for Women in the Workplace Act and Agency has been completed and legislation amending the Act is before Parliament (April 2012)