Engineering Leadership Scholarships
Industry experience and leadership development while you study
Are you interested in taking your engineering career further, faster?
The Engineering Leadership Scholarship is one of the most valuable engineering undergraduate scholarships offered in Australia in terms of financial support and leadership development.
This scholarship provides many opportunities including:
- An annual structured professional experience placement program with some of Australia's leading firms - so you can graduate with business and leadership skills without having to extend the length of your degree
- Leadership insights, including working with Design Researcher Professor Andy Dong, the Warren Centre's Chair in Engineering Innovation, and with the John Grill Centre for Project Leadership
- Direct access to an industry mentor
- Access to a valuable industry network with regular functions where you can meet with alumni, government and industry leaders - including from your sponsor organisation
- Additional support through online networking forums
- An annual stipend of $18,000 (tax free) to support you financially through the normal length of your degree.
|The Faculty of Engineering and Information Technologies Engineering Leadership Scholarship|
All Australian citizens or Australian permanent residents who qualify to enter and enrol into either an undergraduate course offered by the School of Information Technologies, or School of Electrical and Information Technologies in the Faculty of Engineering and Information Technologies at the University of Sydney, and commence in Semester 1, 2016.
|$18,000 p.a.||Up to four years||Friday 9 October 2015|
Is this scholarship suitable for you?
If you are looking for an engineering degree that extends your academic ability and provides you with an accelerated pathway to develop your context-based leadership capability, this scholarship is for you. In your application you will need to demonstrate your strong interpersonal and communication skills, leadership qualities, creativity, innovation and self-motivation.
This scholarship is not based entirely on academic results however a high ATAR is required. If you are expecting an ATAR over 98 (or equivalent), you should consider applying.
Applicants must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
How to apply
Submit an online application.
You may also be invited to participate in an interview process and have the opportunity to meet with your industry placement sponsor.
Please note: the online application process requires Adobe Flash. for a trouble-free application, we recommend using Google Chrome, particularly if you are using an Apple Macintosh.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact our Scholarships Officer on 02 9351 8155 or email@example.com
You need to read the relevant terms and conditions for the Engineering Leadership Scholarship you are applying for before submitting your application.