ICF update workshop and Interest Group Forum - 5 and 6 June 2014
These will be held at the University of Sydney Cumberland campus, co-hosted by the University and the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (which is the Australian Collaborating Centre for the WHO Family of international Classifications).
ICF updates workshop 5 June 2014
The International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF) is updated via an annual process which involves on-line commentary on a web platform run by WHO. The workshop offers an opportunity to learn to use the platform and to discuss and enter comments on proposals in small groups.
Inaugural Australian ICF Network forum 6 June 2014
At last year’s ICF updates workshop, those attending enjoyed the opportunity to meet others working in similar fields and with similar interests. It was suggested that, in the future, time could be allowed for further discussion on selected topics of mutual interest. Hence the idea of the forum and the creation of an Australian ICF Network (or Interest Group).
It was also suggested that people be given the opportunity beforehand to propose key topics for discussion – if they are willing to discuss the topic, raise questions, promote the exchange of information and resources, participate in solving problems raised by those attending, or explore possible opportunities for collaboration on the topic.
Suggested topics for this year are:
- The use of the ICF in mental health
- The use of ICF in other clinical settings
- ICF and cultural variation
- ICF and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- The use of the ICF in legal settings
- ICF education (in universities, in administrative or clinical settings)
These events are by invitation but if you would like further information, please contact;
P: +61 2 9351 9721
Transition to Retirement 1-day workshop - 13 June 2014
- This workshop will be held at the Darlington Centre, The University of Sydney.
- Numbers are limited to 50.
- For more information click here