Graduate entry Masters degrees
Our GEM degrees enable you to attain professional recognition in two years and are designed to deliver work-ready graduates. The pace of the programs is demanding, but you'll be well rewarded for your hard work. Feedback from employers tells us our graduate are highly employable and well-prepared to meet the challenges of their profession.
Applications are made directly to the University of Sydney and no longer via UAC. Applications open on 3 August and close 15 October 2015 for the 2016 intake.
Graduate Entry Master’s (GEM) degrees
The majority of our GEMs are open to people from all backgrounds, not just those with a health-related bachelor's degree. For example, if you have an undergraduate degree in science, arts, economics or business, you are eligible to apply for most of our programs.
GEM graduates will be at the forefront of unprecedented global challenges in healthcare, driven by changing population demographics, technological developments, the acknowledgement of inequity of access to services and the rise of chronic diseases such as obesity and diabetes.
In Australia, people working in health make up about 10 percent of the workforce This figure grows every year, demonstrating the excellent job prospects in this sector.
GEM courses that do not need a prior degree in health:
- Master of Occupational Therapy
- Master of Rehabilitation Counselling
- Graduate Diploma in Rehabilitation Counselling
- Master of Speech Language Pathology
- Master of Diagnostic Radiography
GEM courses that require a previous health/science background:
Fees and scholarships
- Information on fees and fee-help is available from the University's postgraduate coursework website.
- If you are in need of financial assistance please visit the Financial Assistance Office.
- The University and the Faculty of Health Sciences also offer a number of scholarship opportunities and study prizes to assist students in pursuing their studies.