New position - Research Fellow in Genomics
Provide genomic expertise for the new NSW Public Health Pathogen Genomics Partnership Project. Coordinate project design and sequencing library construction and run second-generation sequencers. Train post-doctoral fellows and research assistants in genomic best practices. Analyse genomic data and provide reports to researchers. Lead own projects that are in line with the requirements of the nodes of the Marie Bashir Institute and research interests of the Centre for Infectious Diseases and Microbiology – Public Health. Fixed 2-year term. Located at Westmead. How to apply
Ebola Virus Media Reports
The Ebola outbreak highlights shortcomings in disease surveillance and response – and where we can do better Arinjay Banerjee, Colin Brown and Grant Hill-Cawthorne in The Conversation.
- What is it actually, where did it really come from, how fast is it evolving during this current epidemic and is a vaccine possible? Dr Norman Swan talks with infectious disease expert Professor Edward Holmes about the Ebola virus.
- The Ebola infection of a Texas nurse caring for an infected man who later died raises serious concerns about the effectiveness of infection controls and whether the current procedures in Australia are adequate. Professor Lyn Gilbert and Dr Grant Hill-Cawthorne on ABC's 7.30 report
- Number of Ebola cases rising exponentially. Dr Grant Hill-Cawthorne on ABC Radio
- Don’t panic about Ebola’s spread, here’s what we can do instead. Professor Lyn Gilbert and Dr Grant Hill-Cawthorne article in The Conversation
- Vulnerability, hysteria and fear - conquering Ebola virus. Arinjay Banerjee, Siobhan Mor, Jen Kok, Tania Sorrell and Grant Hill-Cawthorne of MBI provide a perspective to the MJA on the largest ever outbreak of Ebola virus disease.