Saving Lives: The civil-military response to the 2014 Ebola outbreak in West Africa
3 August: Today, the Marie Bashir Institute and Centre for International Security Studies are pleased to release the interim report of Saving Lives: The civil-military response to the 2014 Ebola outbreak in West Africa More information>>
Ebola Virus Media Reports
The Ebola outbreak highlights shortcomings in disease surveillance and response – and where we can do better Arinjay Banerjee, Colin Brown and Grant Hill-Cawthorne in The Conversation.
- What is it actually, where did it really come from, how fast is it evolving during this current epidemic and is a vaccine possible? Dr Norman Swan talks with infectious disease expert Professor Edward Holmes about the Ebola virus.
- The Ebola infection of a Texas nurse caring for an infected man who later died raises serious concerns about the effectiveness of infection controls and whether the current procedures in Australia are adequate. Professor Lyn Gilbert and Dr Grant Hill-Cawthorne on ABC's 7.30 report
- Number of Ebola cases rising exponentially. Dr Grant Hill-Cawthorne on ABC Radio
- Don’t panic about Ebola’s spread, here’s what we can do instead. Professor Lyn Gilbert and Dr Grant Hill-Cawthorne article in The Conversation
- Vulnerability, hysteria and fear - conquering Ebola virus. Arinjay Banerjee, Siobhan Mor, Jen Kok, Tania Sorrell and Grant Hill-Cawthorne of MBI provide a perspective to the MJA on the largest ever outbreak of Ebola virus disease.