Welcome to Sydney Medical School
Since 1856, Sydney Medical School has been working to improve health and welfare through research, education and the provision of health care.
Our education portfolio includes:
- an extensive range of 28 postgraduate programs available to medical and non-medical professionals;
- training of doctors with its renowned medical program, the MD;
- postgraduate research training and medical science honours; and
- the teaching of anatomy, physiology and other medical sciences to undergraduate students.
Clinical education, research training and some coursework programs are provided through clinical schools based in leading NSW hospitals.
Our research brings together the expertise of the University of Sydney's faculties, centres and institutions with that of our affiliated teaching hospitals, affiliated research institutes and international research partners.
Key research themes are:
- Obesity diabetes and cardiovascular disease
- Infection and immunity
- Neuroscience and mental health
- Reproductive maternal and child health
- Healthy ageing
- Population health
Want to know more?