Professor Mohamed Khadra
Professor of Surgery
Surgery, Nepean Clinical School
|Telephone||+61 2 4734 2608/ +61 419 181 923|
|Fax||+61 2 4734 3432|
- Professor and Head of Surgery, Sydney Medical School, University of Sydney, NSW 2006
- Head of Urological Surgery, Nepean Hospital, Penrith, NSW 2750
- Member of the Board of the Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology, University of Sydney, NSW 2006
- Member of the Board of the Health Information Bureau, NSW Ministry of Health
- Member Committee, Standards Australia
- Urological Surgeon, Nepean Hospital and Nepean Private Hospital, Penrith, NSW 2750 and Westmead Private Hospital, NSW
- Senior Examiner in Urology, Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Chair and Founder, Nepean Telehealth Technology Centre, NSW, 2750
- Senior Faculty, Cognitive Institute Pty Ltd
August 2003 – May 2008 President and Co-Founder, Institute of Technology Australia
May 2004 – October 2005 Foundation Professor of Surgery, Australian National University,Urological Surgeon, The Canberra Hospital
January 2002-April 2004 Pro Vice-Chancellor Health, Design and Science, University of Canberra
Member, Strategic Research Committee of NHMRC (2001-2003)
Chair, Palliative Care Working Party (2002) NHMRC
Foundation Head, Greater Murray Clinical School, later School of Rural Health and Professor of Surgery UNSW (2000-2001)
Senior lecturer at University of Sydney and at Newcastle Upon Tyne (1996-1999)
Teaching and supervision
Awards and honours
2015 Sydney University Alumni Medal for Professional Achievement
2014 Finalist - Newcastle University Alumni Medal
2008 Australia Day Honours - United Australian Lebanese Association
2008 The Khalil Gibran International Medal for literature
2002 University of Newcastle Alumni Medal
1997 Prostate Cancer Foundation Inaugural Fellowship Prostate Cancer Foundation, Australia
1996 Bruce Pearson Fellowship. Urological Society of Australasia
1995 Medical Education Award. Johnson and Johnson.Medical Education Foundation
1995 Noel Newton Medal. Royal Australasian College of Surgeons. N.S.W. State Committee, Annual Scientific Meeting
1993 Alban Gee Prize. 46th Annual Scientific Meeting. Urological Society of Australasia, Hobart, Tasmania.
1993 Best Registrar Paper. Annual Scientific Meeting Urological Society of New South Wales, Leura, N.S.W.
1985 Newcastle Toastmasters Public Speaking Competition. Winner. Newcastle, New South Wales
1981 WJD Partridge Memorial Prize Proficiency 3rd Year Examinations. Faculty of Dentistry, University of Sydney.
1978 Sir Robert Menzies Inaugural Public Speaking Competition. Second Prize, New South Wales State Government
- ATVRE - Assistive Technologies for Virtual Rehabilitation Engineering; Feng D, Dehghani F, Dunstan C, Jin C, Kim J, Li Q, McEwan A, Ruys A, Brooker G, Buckley T, Cai W, Davis G, Fornusek C, Fulham M, Khadra M, Mohamed A, Murray G, Peck C, Vucetic B, Weiss A; DVC Research/Research Network Scheme (SyReNS).
- Measurement of surgical motor skills and correlation with expertise and stage of training; Khadra M; Nepean Medical Research Foundation/Project Grant.
- Prostate pathology:chemical mapping by magnetic resonance of human tunour; Swindle P, Mountford C, Russell P, Khadra M; National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC)/Project Grants.
- Prostate pathology: chemical mapping by magnetic resonance of human tunour; Swindle P, Mountford C, Russell P, Khadra M; National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC)/Project Grants.
The Patient (Random House Australia, 2009)
Making the Cut: A Surgeon's Stories Of Life On The Edge (Random House Australia, 2007)