Webinar Skills Training in Pain Management
Our Putting Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Skills into Practice webinar training program gives you an opportunity to learn how to help your patients better manage chronic or persisting pain problems.
Each program consists of six webinar sessions of 90 minutes duration conducted over a 2-3 month timeframe. In each session you will explore specific strategies on how to effectively manage patients experiencing chronic pain.
Participants will receive a certificate of completion recognising 24 hours of professional development if all attendance and homework requirements are met.
The six webinar sessions are as follows:
|1||Patient assessment & case formulation|
|2||Explaining case formulation to the patient|
|3||Identifying SMART goals & using motivational interviewing|
|4||Employing self-management skills & developing a treatment plan|
|5||Reinforcing treatment program & maintenance strategies|
|6||Integration of CBT skills|
Mode of delivery
This program is run entirely online, making it accessible to all health professionals across both rural and suburban Australia and internationally.
An Iterative Process
The webinar skills training consists of four basic steps:
- Checking computer compatibility
- Completing pre-reading
- Logging on in time to participate
- Interacting with the facilitator & other participants
- Presenting & discussing homework experiences
- Incorporating the new skills in the management of chronic pain patients (e.g. case formulation, goal setting, activity pacing, thought management, applied relaxation)
- Preparing a written statement about skills practised between sessions
- Reflecting on the experience & documenting insights gained, culminating in a case presentation in the final session to demonstrate competence
You are expected to use the skills covered with your patients between sessions, culminating in a case presentation in the final session. These tasks are designed to give you an opportunity to practise and reflect on the skills you explored in each session.
Each series consists of six sessions - the first five are held weekly and the last session is held four weeks later.
|Webinar Series||Session||Date||Time (AEST)||Status|
|Series 2||Session 1
|Tue 26 May
Tue 2 June
Tue 9 June
Tue 16 June
Tue 23 June
Tue 21 July
|Series 3||Session 1
|Wed 3 June
Wed 10 June
Wed 17 June
Wed 24 June
Wed 1 July
Wed 29 July
|Series 4||Session 1
|Thu 18 June
Thu 25 June
Thu 2 July
Thu 9 July
Thu 16 July
Thu 13 August
|Series 5||Session 1
|Tue 11 August
Tue 18 August
Tue 25 August
Tue 1 September
Tue 8 September
Tue 6 October
|Series 6||Session 1
|Thu 20 August
Thu 27 August
Thu 3 September
Thu 10 September
Thu 17 September
Thu 15 October
- Session times are in Australia Eastern Standard Time (AEST)
- Please ensure you will be able to attend all six dates in the series of interest
- A maximum of 10 participants can register for each series
- A minimum of 6 participants per series are required to proceed
The cost to participate in a webinar series is AUD$770 per person (including GST).
You can register and pay by credit card here.
Alternatively, you can request to be invoiced by emailing .
- Registrations close 5 business days before first session date of series to allow time for postage of materials
- No refunds will be provided once materials have been posted out
All participants receive:
- a comprehensive manual covering the content of the program
- a head set
- advice on the technical aspects of the webinar sessions
- relevant papers for background reading
- a copy of our patient manual (Manage Your Pain by Nicholas et al.)
Follow-up email discussions with the facilitators, if necessary, are also available.