Scholarships are available to prospective students enrolling in the following:
- Postgraduate coursework and research in the discipline of Surgery
- Postgraduate research
- Summer Research Scholarships
- Sydney Medical Program
There are scholarships which are available specifically for Indigenous students. For more details please visit Information for Indigenous Students.
Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit and any other criteria stipulated for the individual scholarship. Not all scholarships are offered in any one year.
Scholarships available to current students
Once enrolled, there are many more scholarships and prizes available to existing students.
There are a number of scholarships available to domestic students enrolling into the medical program. For more information visit the links below:
- University of Sydney Graduate Entry Program Scholarships
- University of Sydney Access Scholarships
- Rural Australia Medical Undergraduate Scholarship (RAMUS)
- Australian Defence Force – Graduate Medical Sponsorship
- Medical Rural Bonded Scholarship Scheme (MRBSS) (closed to new entrants)
- Student Start-up Scholarships (via Centrelink)
- Relocation Scholarship (via Centrelink)