Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit and any other criteria stipulated for the individual scholarship. Not all scholarships are offered in any one year.
- Postgraduate coursework and research in the Discipline of Surgery
- Postgraduate research
- Summer Research Scholarships
- Sydney Medical Program
Once enrolled, there are many more scholarships and prizes available to existing students.
There are scholarships which are available specifically for Indigenous students. See details
There are a number of scholarships available to domestic students enrolling into the medical program. For more information visit the links below:
- University of Sydney Graduate Entry Program Scholarships
- University of Sydney Access Scholarships
- Rural Australia Medical Undergraduate Scholarship (RAMUS)
- Australian Defence Force – Graduate Medical Sponsorship
- Medical Rural Bonded Scholarship Scheme (MRBSS) (closed to new entrants)
- Student Start-up Scholarships (via Centrelink)
- Relocation Scholarship (via Centrelink)