LEGO Pompeii, one of the largest LEGO historical models ever built, is on display in the Nicholson Museum, constructed by LEGO Professional Builder Ryan McNaught aka The Brickman. The model includes Pompeii as it was at the moment of destruction in 79AD, as it was when rediscovered in the 1700s, and as it is today.
As with our LEGO Colosseum and our LEGO Acropolis the model incorporates fact and fiction, history and pop culture. Be on the look out for...
- Admiral of the Fleet Pliny the Elder
- Pink Floyd in concert at the Amphiteatre
- Mozart feeling inspired in the Temple of Isis
- Archaeologist Steven Ellis
- Doctor Who and his TARDIS
- Vulcanologist and antiquarian Sir William Hamilton
- 'Indiana Bones' Estelle Lazer