UNITS OF STUDY
MAJORING IN HISTORY AND PHILOSOPHY OF SCIENCE
For a major in History and Philosophy of Science, the minimum requirement is 24 credit points from senior HPS units of study.
Junior level courses
Intermediate level courses
- HPSC2100 - Introduction to History of Science: The Birth of Modern Science
- HPSC2900 - Introduction to History of Science: The Birth of Modern Science (advanced)
- HPSC2101 - Introduction to Philosophy of Science: What Is This Thing Called Science?
- HPSC2901 - Introduction to Philosophy of Science: What Is This Thing Called Science? (advanced)
- HPSC3023 - History and Philosophy of Psychology and Psychiatry
- HPSC3107 - Science, Ethics and Society
- HPSC3108 - History and Philosophy of the Physical Sciences
Honours level courses
What are the benefits of doing Honours?
Completing a degree with an Honours year opens the door to many opportunities, particularly in the field of research. Honours students have the chance to undertake exciting original research under the supervision of internationally recognised academics in a variety of specialisations. An Honours year enhances your career prospects with significant increase in employment opportunities in an area related to your interests.
Courses related to writing a thesis:
- HPSC4201 - Research Project 1
- HPSC4202 - Research Project 2
- HPSC4203 - Research Project 3
- HPSC4204 - Research Project 4