How to Apply
Applications open July 2013.
Referee report submissions close 5pm Tuesday 1 October 2013 (DOMESTIC & INTERNATIONAL).
DCP/MSc Applications close 5pm Friday 25 October 2013 for admission in March 2014 (DOMESTIC).
DCP/MSc Applications close 5pm Tuesday 1 October 2013 for admission in March 2014 (INTERNATIONAL).
To be eligible for admission applicants must meet the minimum admission requirements.
To apply an online application must be submitted by the application closing date; including all application forms and supporting documents uploaded; and two referee reports submitted directly from the referee to DAT or IO. An application will be considered incomplete, and will not be evaluated nor proceed to interview, unless all the following documents are received by the closing date. Late applications are not accepted.
1. Complete online application form
2. DCP/MSc Supplementary form. Upload to online application
3. Referee report Academic. Nominate referee on online form. DAT/IO will email your referee directly to complete referee report form.
4. Referee report Work Experience. Nominate referee on online form. DAT/IO will email your referee directly to complete referee report form.
5. Supporting documentation. Upload to online application. Upload documents with the file names below.
Do not upload personal essays, covering letters, CVs, certificates etc.
|Supplementary form||"Supplementary form.pdf"|
|Complete official academic transcripts (if applicable with grading system)||"Transcripts & Grading System.pdf"|
|Grading system||"Grading system.pdf"|
|Testamur or proof of completion (stating degree awarded and date of completion)||"Testamur.pdf"|
|Evidence of completion of major research project and thesis||"Research thesis.pdf"|
|Evidence of both Honours class AND grade (eg. First class honours, 86%)||"Honours grade.pdf"|
|Australian Psychological Society (APS) assessment letter (if applicable)||"APS assessment.pdf"|
|Certified english translation of documents (if applicable)||"English translations.pdf"|
|Evidence of english proficiency (IELTS) (if applicable)||"English proficiency.pdf"|
|Evidence of residency status (Birth certificate or passport or certificate of citizenship)||"Passport.pdf"|
|Proof of change of name (if applicable)||"Name change.pdf"|
DCP/MSc SUPPLEMENTARY FORM
- Download DCP/MSc Supplementary form, complete and upload to Sydney Student online application.
- Complete the supplementary form electronically as an interactive pdf, type in highlighted fields, save with Adobe Acrobat Professional, or print and scan. Complete all sections of the supplementary form, within the spaces provided. Do not submit attachments instead of completing the supplementary form. If you require additional space, please ensure that you complete the most relevant information in the spaces provided and then you may attach further details.
REFEREE REPORT FORMS
- Applicants must submit two referee reports
One referee report must be academic, the other may be a work experience referee or a second academic referee. If you do not have any relevant work experience or are unable to obtain a work experience referee, submit two academic referee reports.
- Referee to email completed referee reports directly to the University
Nominate two referees on online form. Direct Applications Team (DAT) or International Office (IO) will email your referee directly to complete a referee report form. The referee is to complete the referee report form electronically. The referee emails the completed the referee report to:
1. Direct Applications Team, email@example.com (DOMESTIC APPLICANT)
2. International Office, firstname.lastname@example.org (INTERNATIONAL APPLICANT)
- Applications without two referee report forms will be considered incomplete. Incomplete applications are unable to be assessed and unable to proceed to the selection interview. Applicant are advised to contact the referee in advance to notify them of the deadline for completion of referee reports.
- Referee reports must adhere to confidentiality procedures and be submitted directly from the referee to the Direct Applications Team or International Office. Referee reports submitted by the applicant will not be accepted.
- The referee report form is a standardised form which includes:
- One-page form divided into three sections
- Level of support for the candidate's application
- Strengths and weakness ratings
- Paragraph to justify level of support and ratings
- Complete official academic transcript
A transcript is a breakdown of the individual subjects completed in your degree (different to a testamur or degree certificate).
- Grading system
The grading system is on the reverse of your transcript. If not, a printout from your Faculty Handbook is acceptable.
- Testamur (if graduated)
A testamur is the degree certificate awarded at your graduation ceremony.
- Proof of completion (if not yet graduated)
Proof of completion can be of two types:
a) If you have one semester left to complete your current course of study, you should include transcripts up until your final semester and official documentation from your institution stating that you will finish at the end of the semester and the name of the degree you will be awarded or transcript showing enrolment in your final semester.
(b) If you have completed your studies but have not yet had a graduation ceremony and been awarded a testamur, you should provide official documentation from your institution stating the name of the degree you have completed and the date of completion.
- Fourth year result pending
If you are currently enrolled in your fourth year and your results are pending, provide the Name, University, Phone and Email contacts for your fourth year coordinator on the supplementary form. Please provide written consent to your fourth year coordinator to release information results to the University of Sydney for the purposes of application.
- Individually (or group) conducted research project and thesis
All qualifications, in particular qualifications obtained from a non-Australian University, must include a major research project and thesis as an essential part of the degree. Upload evidence of an individually (or group) conducted research project and thesis, if not detailed on your academic transcript, particularly for non-Australian qualifications. Provide degree name, thesis title and thesis abstract. Including information on methods used and whether the project was theoretical or conducted with methods consistent with an Australian fourth year honours degree.
- Honours class AND grade
1. Online application "Academic qualifications / Class or grade": Record Honours class AND Honours grade
2. Supplementary form "Tertiary qualifications / Class / Grade": Record Honours class AND Honours grade
3. Upload evidence of BOTH Honours class AND Honours grade
- Honours class (eg. Honours 1, Honours 2.1, Post Graduate Diploma (Pass with Merit))
Honours grade (eg. 83%, 3.2/4 GPA, your actual overall result for fourth year only)
- Contact your fourth year coordinator if honours class and grade are not both supplied on your academic transcript. Provide evidence from your fourth year coordinator of your fourth year results as a percentage or GPA.
- If not available, provide your academic transcript and grading system, outlining individual results achieved for each unit of study in fourth year, along with the fourth year honours weighting scheme at your University. For example at the University of Sydney: Empirical Thesis (50%); Theoretical Thesis or Special Fields Coursework (30%); Coursework (30%) - Research Methods (15%) and Ethics and Professional Issues (5%).
- APS assessment of any non-Australian qualification
All qualifications obtained from a non-Australian University must be assessed by the Australian Psychological Society (APS) to be deemed equivalent to an Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC) accredited four year honours degree in Psychology from a University. Upload APS assessment letter.
- Post Graduate Diploma (Honours equivalent stream)
If you completed a Post Graduate Diploma that is equivalent to the Honours degree at the same University, however, only available to students who completed their undergraduate at that University, provide a letter from your fourth year coordinator stating it is directly equivalent to the honours stream.
- English translations
If the original language of issue for any of these documents is not English then the originals should be provided together with a certified english translation.
- Evidence of English proficiency (IELTS) must be provided if your qualifications were obtained from a university where English is not the official language.
- Upload evidence of satisfying english language requirements IELTS test scores. Overall IELTS score of 7.0, with no band less than 7.0. Test scores less than two years old.
- If your tertiary studies were conducted in English but not in one of the following countries; Australia, NZ, USA, England or Canada; you will need to provide official documentation that your studies were conducted in English.
- More on english language requirements
- Include type of publication - Journal article, Manuscript, Published report, Conference presentation, etc.
- Indicate status of the publication - Published, Accepted, In press, Submitted, In preparation.
- Provide details
- Include Job Title
- Include Employer
- Include description of duties performed and with which patient groups
- Tick boxes to indicate whether the work was paid or voluntary
- Tick boxes to indicate the position type (Psychologist, Counsellor, Clinical research) or list other position types (Other)
- Tick boxes to indicate the length of employment in number of hours per week over number of months or years (eg. 10 hours per week, 6 months).
- Tick boxes to indicate full time equivalence. Full time equivalence is 35 hours per week per year.
Proof of residency
- Birth certificate or passport or certificate of citizenship.
Proof of change of name
- Marriage certificate or other legal documentation (any applicant who has changed their name will need to provide proof of that change of name)
Original or certified copies of documents
- Please note that you will be required to present the original documents on enrolment day for verification by the Faculty otherwise you will not be permitted to enrol.
- If you wish to submit originals they must be submitted to:
Direct Applications, Level 5, Jane Foss Russell Building (G02), The University of Sydney NSW 2006
- The University of Sydney accepts scanned documents submitted online in support of applications for admission to courses of study. All supporting documents must be true and complete records. You should be prepared to provide original documents or original certified copies of supporting documents upon request at any time. We carry out detailed checks on applications before and after enrolment and our checks involve contacting the original issuing authority or relevant tertiary admissions centre, or other organisation (whether education or otherwise), or individual, whether in Australia or overseas, to verify documents. A failure to provide documents on request, or the discovery of either fraudulent documents or a misrepresentation of true circumstances in association with your application, may lead to the rejection of your application for admission, the withdrawal of your offer, or the cancellation of your enrolment.
- Documents submitted in a language other than English must be accompanied by a complete English translation. The University accepts translations to English made by an accredited translator with a government body, the Registrar of the issuing institution or, for international applicants, registered University of Sydney education agents who have been designated as translators. Applicants from the Peoples' Republic of China may have their academic transcripts referred to the Ministry of Education's China Academic Degrees and Graduate Education Development Centre (CDGDC) for authentication.
- University's guidelines
Certification of Documents Guidelines