LIBRARY 24 HOUR SPACES - ACCESS FOR LPAB STUDENTS
The Herbert Smith Freehills Law Library and Fisher Library are open 24/7.
The Library still has advertised Information Desk hours – see the drop down menu for each Library at https://library.sydney.edu.au/libraries/locations.html. Outside those hours both the Law Library and Fisher Library are staffed by security personnel only.
LPAB Student / Library cards are not currently enabled with swipe card access. Negotiations between different stakeholders at the University to rectify this are ongoing and you will be notified as soon as this is resolved. However, LPAB students are still able to access the Law Library and Fisher Library 24/7.
The current arrangements for LPAB students and 24/7 access, until further notice, is as follows:
- During Information Desk hours you can enter the Law Library directly as normal.
- Access to and from the Law Library and Fisher Library outside Information Desk hours is via the front entrance to Fisher Library only, with the Law Library being accessible via the internal tunnel on Level 1 of Fisher Library.
- A security guard is stationed inside the entrance to Fisher Library at all times. Just attract the attention of the security guard, show your student ID / Library card through the glass doors and the door to Fisher Library will be opened for you.
- The security guards will be doing ID checks throughout the night so make sure you have your card with you at all times.
- Exiting both Libraries after Information Desk hours is also via the main Fisher Library entrance.
Full details about 24/7 services at the Law Library and Fisher Library can be found here: https://news.library.usyd.edu.au/fisher-and-law-libraries-go-247/.
If you have any questions at all, or have any difficulties accessing the Library via the above arrangements, please contact Patrick O’Mara, LPAB Liaison Librarian directly at email@example.com. Please do not direct your enquiry to the Law Extension Committee.