The Nursing Library
The Nursing Library is located at Mallett St Campus, and can be accessed from Level 2 of Building C. It provides access to books, periodicals, audiovisual materials, databases and course readings to support the all the courses you can take at Sydney Nursing School.
They have their own Nursing Library website, which includes:
- opening hours
- Nursing Library blog
- classes on how to use the systems
The Nursing Library is just one of the libraries at the University of Sydney. This means you have access to a much larger library network. The University of Sydney library website contains information about library services, as well as access to electronic services and provides high quality information services and resources to support students and staff in all academic and research programs and service units of the University. For example, you can:
- search the catalogue to access e-journals and e-books 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- access most databases and e-journals off-campus, when and where you need them
- email a Faculty Liaison Librarian via the 'Ask a Librarian' service your questions will be answered within 48 hours
- use the e-reserve service to access high demand journal articles and chapters of books online
- as a postgraduate student or staff member, use the document delivery service to get journal articles and books not held in the collection.
Off-campus library access
To use the library from an off-campus location, you need access to the internet. Many of the journals held by the University of Sydney Library are now held in electronic form, and you can access these from your own computer using the online catalogue.
On clinical placement
When on clinical placement in a hospital you can access all electronic resources available via the library website with your UniKey login.
If you're a postgraduate student, your Faculty Liaison Librarian can visit you at the hospital to assist with literature searching or bibliographic management.
Literacy and information classes
You can learn more about how to use databases and find electronic journals by attending one of the classes given by the Nursing Library. Information skills classes are held regularly at the Nursing Library and upcoming class information can be found in the Nursing Library subject guide.
Individual research consultations are available by appointment. Offshore students will learn how to access this information during orientation sessions.