Advised and declared interests of the University's Senate
Below you may access the advised/declared interests and related party transactions (2018/2019) for all Senate fellows and committee members.
- Chairman, Thales Australia Limited
- Chairman, Future Generation Global Investment Company
- Director, Australian Philanthropic Services
- Independent Non-Executive Director, Qantas Board of Directors
- Member, St Vincent's Health Australia NSW Advisory Council
- Minority equity interest in Smart Sparrow through a OneVentures' fund
- Member, various Boards on which Vice-Chancellor sits as a representative of the University
- Member, Group of Eight Universities Australia
- Member, Hong Kong University Grants Commission Quality Assurance
- Member, Universities Australia Pty Ltd
- Founding member, Male Champions of Change
- Member, NSW Innovation and Productivity Council
- Member, Cranbrook School Council
- Domain Name Adjudicator, World Intellectual Property Organisation
- Volunteer, Sydney Diocese Anglican Church
- University appointed Director, Medsaic Pty Ltd
- University appointed Director, ZingoTx
- Director, REA Group Ltd
- Director, Astro Malaysia Holdings Berhad
- Director, Coles Group
- Chairman, Selz.com Pty Ltd
- Director, Wenona School
- Member of Advisory Board, Afiniti
- Member of Advisory Board, Jord International Pty Ltd
- Director, Insurance & Care NSW (iCare)
- Director, HCF Group
- Chair, HCF Research Foundation
- Non-Executive Director, Studiosity Pty Ltd
- Member, L.E.K. Consulting ANZ Advisory Board
- Member, AICD Corporate Governance Committee
- Member, LBW Trust / Women for Change Committee
- Member, NSW Generations Fund Advisory Board
- Director, Yatsen Associates (Advisory) Limited
- Director, Vantage Asia Limited
- Director, Vantage Asia Holdings Pty Ltd
- Director, Belong Here Pty Ltd
- Chair, Refugee Talent Pty Ltd
- Director, Australian Republic Movement
- Sydney Committee, Australian Chamber Orchestra
- Advisory Board Member, China Matters
- Wife works with Willis Towers Watson, who have been engaged by the University for consulting work.
- Non-executive director, Boral Limited
- Non-executive director, Orica Limited
- Non-executive director, Charter Hall Group Limited
- Chairman, Sydney Dance Company
- Non-executive director, Sydney Symphony
- Chair of Appointments and Promotions Committee, member of council and member of Executive Remuneration Committee, QIMRBerghofer Medical Research Institute
- Chair of the board, Illawarra Health and Medical Research Institute
- Member, Vice-Chancellor’s Panel for Australian National University Institute reviews
- Son Christopher Pettigrew is Director, Research Investment of the National Breast Cancer Foundation. The National Breast Cancer Foundation is a signatory to research funding agreements between the foundation and the University.
- Chairman, Igniting Change
- Non-executive director, Transurban Group
- Director, O'Connell Street Associates with an ongoing relationship with King Wood Mallesons (KWM)
- Member, Prime Minister's Community Business Partnership
- Non-executive director, Heathley Limited
At Building and Estates Committee meetings
- 3 May 2017: In relation to the Health Precinct stage 1 early contract involvement, the chair declared his prior involvement as an advisory board member of Laing O’Rourke in a non-fiduciary capacity.
- 11 October and 22 November 2017: Mr Scott declared that he has had a previous involvement with Laing O’Rouke, ending in 2009, who have been awarded the main contract for the Engineering Technology Precinct (ETP) project (Item 1.3.1) and are involved in the Susan Wakil Health Building (Item 4.2.2). Mr Scott’s historical declaration does not disqualify him from being included in discussion related to the ETP, for which the final decision has been made.
- Chief executive officer and director, Wirriga Pty Ltd
- Director, Draco Analytics Pty Ltd
- Member and Workplace Delegate, National Tertiary Education Union
- Member of Lived Experience Advisory Panel, Black Dog Institute
- Ambassador, White Ribbon
- Co-founder and general member, Australian Progressives
- Director on the board, Victorian Kids in Care Advocacy Service Inc.
- Mother is Registrar, St Paul’s College
External Senate Committee Experts
Advised and declared interests (related party transactions for 2018/19)
- Director, Stockland Capital Partner
- Financial Advisor, Society of the Divine Word
- President / Director, Concord Golf Club
- Board Member, Infrastructure Australia
- Board Member, Health Infrastructure
- Member, NSW Planning Assessment Commission
- Chair, Fire & Rescue NSW Audit & Risk Committee
- Member, Infrastructure NSW Audit & Risk Committee
- Government advisory work – various agencies. Relevant declarations will be advised.
- 24 September 2018:
- 3 May 2017: In relation to the Health Precinct Stage 1 Early Contract Involvement BEC noted Ms Leeson’s continued membership on the Health Infrastructure board.
- Director, Sydney Institute of Marine Science
- Chair, Sydney Institute of Marine Science Foundation
- Director, Environment Protection Authority
- Chair, EPA Finance Audit and Risk Committee
- PwC was engaged by the University of Sydney Medical School to assist with the calculation for the cost of educating a medical student.
- PwC was engaged by the University of Sydney Medical School to develop an analysis of the operational and financial impact of modifying delivery of the medical program. Note that this initial project has led to a subsequent project to update input values.
- PwC was engaged by St John's College to provide real estate advisory services regarding a potential building project.
- PwC was engaged by the Marketing Department to provide advice on whether the marketing was targeting current health science issues.
- PwC was engaged by the University of Sydney Medical School to perform a valuation of the intellectual property inherent in the Doctor of Medicine program.
- PwC and the University are joint shareholders in InnoWell Pty Limited, a venture to commercialise technology to assist people with mental health problems. The University and PwC each have a 45% interest in the entity.
- PwC has been engaged by the University to support an evaluation of the Western Sydney Strategy.
- PwC has been engaged by the University to support an evaluation of the University's debt capacity and forward projections to 2030.
- PwC has been engaged by the University to carry out a Cost Diagnostic assignment.