When you join the University of Sydney, you become an integral part of a community in which you are fully supported to achieve your career ambitions. You’ll be in a workplace where development is encouraged and intellectual pursuits foster a sense of purpose and confidence.
Flexible work options
- flexible working arrangements that let you balance your work and personal responsibilities
- generous leave entitlements.
Support for you and your family
- family-friendly working hours
- up to 36 weeks paid maternity leave
- University Parents and Carers Network
- breastfeeding-friendly rooms on all our campuses
- several childcare centres near the University
- up to 20 days paid leave in support of staff experiencing family violence.
- competitive salaries
- a University contribution of up to 17% of base salary to your superannuation (pension) fund
- tax-efficient salary packaging options for motor vehicles, laptops, parking permits, and additional contributions to your superannuation fund
- a free staff benefits program providing online and retail discounts across an extensive range of goods and services
- on-campus UniSuper superannuation advice, seminars and financial advisers.
We offer a range of career development programs to support our staff to enhance their skills and receive peer support. In some cases, we also contribute to professional membership fees. You can take advantage of:
- sponsorship and mentoring programs
- study leave
- professional leave to develop your skills and career
- advice to help you identify and reach the 'next step' in your career
- equity fellowships to assist researchers with disabilities, those who have had a career interruption due to primary caring duties, and help female researchers prepare for senior positions.
Career development for staff with disability
We offer targeted career development programs for our staff with disability. The Career Development Program for Staff with Disability provides access to learning and development opportunities for our academic and professional staff with a disability. The Laffan Research Fellow is awarded annually to a University of Sydney researcher with a disability and provides support to concentrate on research goals.
- Ally Network that supports our LGBTIQ community
- Women and Leadership Program Suite
- Disability at Work Network (DAWN)
- Parents and Carers network
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff network
- Executive Officers Network
- Admin Network Group.
Health and wellbeing
- two sport and fitness centres with benefits and discounted rates to facilities for members
- health service with experienced GPs
- free annual flu vaccinations
- dentists, optometrist, pharmacies, and sports clinics
- free counselling.
Parking and transport
- on-campus parking and convenient transport services
- excellent value parking permits that can be salary packaged for even more savings.
Culture on campus