Prior to undertaking a placement all students are required to complete various requirements.
The following must be completed:
- Working with Children Volunteer/Student Declaration
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate
- Vaccination and Immunisation requirements to comply with the NSW Health Policy Directive
- Criminal Records Check
Please contact your Clinical Educator Coordinator at least 8 weeks before a placement commences to check requirements. Students who do not complete the above requirements will be withheld from their placement.
Students are expected to maintain a professional level of communication and conduct whilst on placement. All students must complete a declaration indicating they have read and understood the following:
- Privacy and Confidentiality
- Codes of Conduct including the University of Sydney Student Code of Conduct, the NSW Health Code of Conduct and Relevant Profession Codes of Conduct/Ethics
- Other NSW Health Polices
- General Communication and Email Etiquette
Students are also required to adhere to Uniform Requirements whilst on placement.