Next HealthGov Meeting Friday, 26 September 2014!
The next HealthGov meeting is to be hosted by Associate Professor Paul Dugdale at the Australian Centre for Health Stewardship, Australian National University, 10am-1pm in Canberra.
Please RSVP your attendance to Qingqing Liu: email@example.com
HealthGov is a network of international researchers, health professionals, regulators and policy makers. It provides a forum for discussion, promotion and collaboration on research in health governance. It is part of the ARC Governance Research Network, GovNet.
Formerly known as the medical regulation research network, HealthGov was renamed at the National Medical Governance Workshop organised by GovNet in Canberra in July 2007. The new name reflected a desire to broaden research efforts to include all the health professions. Participants included: Professor Charles Sampford, Professor Howard Adelman, and Professor Stephanie Short from GovNet; Andrew Dix, Registrar/CEO of the NSW Medical Board; Dr Robyn Iredale, ANU; Dr Rick McLean, Principal Medical Adviser, Australian Department of Health and Ageing; Mr Keith Masnick and Dr David Thomas from UNSW; and Helen Turnbull from United Medical Protection (Avant). Research on an Australian-Indonesian project on capacity building and knowledge transfer and exchange in the field of medical regulation, discussed at the workshop, has now been successfully completed with support from AusAID.
In 2009 HealthGov was moved to the University of Sydney, with the convenor, Professor Stephanie Short, who oversees HealthGov initiatives and activities.
This network provides:
- collaborative research across several disciplines;
- facilitating the internationalisation of research and international linkages;
- improving techniques of research design and management;
providing opportunities to network with other governance researchers and practitioners;
- improving communication of results to wide audiences; and
- strengthening this research area and enhancing future viability.
In 2010, HealthGov received financial support through the following:
- Professor Anthony Blinkhorn, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Sydney
- Professor Philip Bohle, Associate Professor Michelle Lincoln, Associate Professor Toni Schofield, Professor Stephanie Short & Professor Craig Veitch, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Sydney
- Professor Terry Carney, Faculty of Law, University of Sydney
- Dr Fran Collyer, Faculty of Arts, University of Sydney
- Dr James Gillespie, Faculty of Medicine, University of Sydney
- Professor David Goodman, Institute of Social Sciences, University of Sydney
- Dr Heather McKenzie, Sydney Nursing School, University of Sydney
We are grateful to our members for their contributions, support, shared knowledge and expertise. For a complete list of HealthGov members, please see list (below)
We welcome expressions of interest from people whose work, teaching or research is either directly or indirectly related to Health Governance, who might wish to be involved within this research network by contacting Kanchan Marcus: