Radiation Physics Laboratory
Our goal is to create, share and apply scientific knowledge to improve human health. We focus on developing and improving anatomic and physiologic cancer imaging methods and integrating these innovations into adaptive medical therapeutic systems, particularly radiation therapy.
- 114,000 patients diagnosed with cancer each year in Australia (Cancer Council Australia)
- 46,000 (40%) treated with radiotherapy (Baume 2002)
- Evidence suggests 54,000 (52%) would benefit from radiotherapy (Delaney 2005)
- All* tumours change during and between treatments
- Trend toward increasing application of technology
- Evidence of clinical benefit of better technology
We are located at the University of Sydney and Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, with strong links to Liverpool Hospital, the Ingham Health Research Institute, Royal North Shore Hospital and Prince of Wales Hospital.